Friday, November 18, 2005

Right Medication

I am finally, finally, finally feeling like the demon of depression is lifting and it is due to the right medication.  I know that anti-depressants are not the "be all and end all" to depression -- I am also seeing a therapist and trying to eat right, exercise right, meditate, etc.  But really, truly, for me, the right antidepressants make all the rest of it work and "stick." 

It has been a hard struggle from the time people suggested I try antidepressants and I became furious, to admitting I needed something, about four years ago.  Well I feel like I've tried them all - prozac, zoloft, wellbutrin, paxil, lexapro, effexor, and others.  Some didn't work, some I didn't like the side effects.  But finally I found one that works.  I know medication won't work for everyone but it did work for me.  The key was seeing a psychiatrist I trusted ... my regular physicians didn't know the medications that well and were leery to prescribe some of them.  The other key was reminding myself, it was not "me" it was a disease or a condition that could be treated just like anything else. 

cheers,

Rachel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home