Friday, December 02, 2005

Depression Recovery Takes Time

 
 I am not trying to be a smart ass. I just think that you could not possibly fight depression by just reading somebody else experience or any suggestion on the web. Would you follow what works for other is another question. Suffering for depression for just 3 years are short experience if compared with some of you. But I do think I am qualified as my depression is a major one. It has symptoms like all of you experienced.I cannot enjoy the things that I usually like. It is just not pleasurable anymore. Yes, socially active is a method  to combat depression. But, how many of us is socially active? and how could you tell a socially inactive person to be one? For me, depression set in because of a lot of things but I do believe there one of them is the dominant one.
 
And this event is always there. Unless it changed, or I quit, I will always feel depressed. No friends can really console me or they do not even know. Yes, this affected my spouse. He felt very angry towards my behaviour and I felt angry for his lack of empathy. I realise there is typical one group of people who will seek for other people's help by asking other people why they become like that. Just to feel frustrated when no one can give them answer that satisfied them.
 
Even they did get it, eventually they will not believing it the next day. Depression is just so subtle that no one can really understand it thoroughly. Sufferers are definitely has some weak points in their life that they are not satisfied with and could not do anything to deal with it.even there is, they do not want to do. Unless the situation changed, it will always be like that. It will further carry in your behavior to tackle other things and the other stuff too will be unsuccessful because of your new set in depression. Vicious cycle get progressively worst. Medicine is good in some case, but it probably makes you feel even lost when the real things that makes you depressed is not dealt with.
 
It should thus be taken on holidays. Because I took it myself, just to find that my mood is not too bad and I felt lack of responsibility to do the things I supposed to be doing which could combat my depression by itself. Dealing with that depression source is extremely difficult no matter what the origin is for any people. That's why we get depression in the first place. The solution I know of is, get to know another person who is suffering from depression and did not recover. It makes you feel really good that you are not inferior as it is not common for people to win depression and that you don't feel you are a jerk or the most miserable people in the Earth. Conscience is scarce in depression people. Who would have sympathy for other people when they are themselves suffering so much? even for the most generous people in the world. They would questioned themselves why would they not get good return since whole their life were dedicated to other people. Is that worth it?
I just want to emphasize that all of you who have no solution to depression and could not exploit one of the other people's idea. It is okie and it takes time
 
Sophia
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home